[Proposal] Help UST Pegging. Increase estimated minting capacity to $1200M

You are a scammer, you did not stop the transaction by attracting people, you expanded the network, you melted the money by expanding it, prove that this is not a scammer, do not distract us unnecessarily, deposit the money you withdraw and at least do not victimize people, I will start your ecosystem and you, a young person committed suicide because of you, dolandırıcılık

Some of us put OUR job earnings into LUNA too!! Without one there isn’t the other. Both LUNA holders and UST holders (excluding the whale/s that caused the cascade) should be compensated equally. Individuals that bought up yesterday at below 0.005 should not be rewarded for buying up millions of tokens for small amounts of money in the hope of a resurrection.

1 Like

Anyone else with their UST in Nexo? What can we do? We cannot withdraw without exchanging to another stablecoin. Im wanna die. Please help…

2 Likes

The below proposal would be the most impactful first step for the community at large and would help save Terra’s reputation. And it would only cost ~1B-1.5B.

I really wish this was getting more support.

7 Likes

It’s too late know, we should cancel this vote

same here brother, almost all my life savings, i keep hoping and if they fix it i will stay with them

1 Like

I bought Luna when it was $90 for a million and with my last hopes I bought again when I completely reached zero I put my last dollars, everything in binance I would like to know how the distribution is going to be. Your support asking for help blocked me. Notice that.

1 Like

What if I moved my UST money from my wallet to Huobi when it was 0.8? Because I was scared to lose all of my savings. I wanted to sell but I decided to wait so what now?

1 Like

are you happy with your proposal?

1 Like

There are worse cases. Beterin beteri var :smirk:

2 Likes

Whoever suggested sacrifice Luna to stable the peg, you all are putting everyone in big troubles. Please go back to school for economic 101 before you all mess with other people real money.

Luna is the currency, not UST. The currency is confidence of the public toward the system, not the peg, thats why usd didnt peg with Gold many years ago

Save Luna, not UST

3 Likes

I was on the other side of this logic, but now I changed camp and I am with you. We can restore the peg once trust is back, and for this we need a recovery plan to first burn the minted luna and then progressively pay our ust debts

1 Like

I think you have explained it brilliantly. You are a genius.
Why on earth @dokwon and his developers and validators can’t study the death spirall (as you put in layman terms, death spirall is the same thing).
The solution IMO is simple if @dokwon and his teams agree on this:
Step1: As you mentioned the $UST price is e.g. $0.15 buy all available $UST from the market.
Step2: Buy all excessive $LUNA from the market.
Step3: STOP MINTING $LUNA when burning $UST (change requires in the code) to make it back to peg. Then collatarised it with physical US Dollar.
Step4: BURN $LUNA to reduce the supply to pre-depeg event to increase the trust and eventually it will lift its price.

1 Like

ad: There are a large amount of UST withdrawal, but burning of UST is slow.

I think you have to do it the other way around. UST burn the last 2 days was too fast! Too much ust searching for nonexistent exit liquidity.
Tweak parameters to match usd liquidity for luna.

And cap the max. amount of luna - noone has an idea about the 0 involved…

2 Likes

I don’t really understand how it works. But is it possible to create an opportunity to donate Luna, which were bought for less than 5-10 cents, for example? Because it was clear to all buyers that it could not cost that little. At such a low price, it was taken by speculators who were aware of the risks.
For example, I still had UST, which no longer cost anything, and literally for 10-20 of UST I took about a thousand Luna. When I took them, I perfectly understood the senselessness of this action. Now I would like to eliminate these cheap Luna in order to reduce their total mass. But so that I can keep my old Luna at 110 UST.

This proposal could end up being the one that saves the most lives.

idea: limit UST → LUNA minting to a reasonable % of LUNA Market cap! pls reflect

i think the best way would be to peg. the max mintable amount of ust → luna to the Market Cap of Luna. This way the variable becomes time & the system would find a steady equilibrium at a restored peg…

why not listen to this suggestion

4 Likes