[Propose] Allowing Providing Rewards to Undelegated LUNCs

Summary

I propose to allow providing rewards to undelegated LUNCs.

위임 해지한 LUNC 코인에 이율을 부여하는 것을 제안 드립니다.

Motivation

Investors who wish to unstake must wait 21 days to receive their own LUNCs. The 21-day lockup period acts as a penalty and does not induce staking cancellation, thereby increasing the stability and reliability of staking.

During the LUNA crisis, investors who wanted to cancel their staking due to the sharp drop in LUNA did not receive any compensation during the 21-day lock-up period. For investors who want to stake LUNC, the 21-day lock-up period acts as a risk rather than a trust.

In addition, leaving the undelegated LUNCs for 21 days without rewards for both validators and investors can save some interest in terms of the total amount of interest to be paid, but in terms of no interest rate, it is detrimental to both sides.

Therefore, in order to create a more reliable chain for staking participants, when the staked LUNCs are undelegated, the coin is immediately changed to “the unstaking pending state” on Terra classic blockhain, and rewards are created during the lockup period.

스테이킹을 해지 하고자 하는 투자자는 그 LUNC를 받기 위하여 21일간 대기해야 합니다. 21일간의 락업 기간은 다소 벌칙으로써 작용하고 스테이킹 해지를 유도하지 않음으로써 스테이킹의 안정성을 높이는 측면이 있습니다.

루나 사태 동안 루나의 급격한 폭락으로 스테이킹을 해지하고자 했던 투자자는 21일 간의 락업 기간 또한 어떠한 보상을 받지 못하였습니다. 이는 LUNC를 스테이킹하고자 하는 투자자들에게 21일의 락업 기간은 신뢰의 대상이 아닌 리스크로써 작용 하게 되었습니다.

또한 Validator들과 스테이킹 투자자 양쪽으로 21일간 위임 해지 된 코인을 이율이 없이 언스테이킹 상태로 두는 것은 지급할 이자의 총액 관점에서 이자가 다소 절약 될 수 있으나, 이율이 없는 측면에서는 양쪽에게 손해가 됩니다.

이에, 스테이킹 참여자들로 하여금 더 신뢰 할수 있는 체인을 만들고자 스테이킹 된 LUNC가 위임 해지가 되면 그 즉시 테라체인에서 그 코인은 “언스테이킹 대기” 상태로 변경하고 락업 기간 동안 이율을 만들고자 합니다.

Proposal

1. When LUNCs are undelegated, it is immediately recorded on the Terra classic blockchain as “the
    unstaking pending state”.

2. During the lock-up period, “unstake pending” LUNCs allow validators temporarily who have been
    delegated to grant voting rights during the lock-up period and generate rewards(or interests).

3. The interest rate generated from it is guaranteed to be on par with the normally staked LUNCs.

4. In the proportion of rewards generated from the “Unstake pending” LUNCs,

(1) 10% is paid to investors who have canceled the delegation,
    (2) 20% is paid to the validator before delegation cancellation,
    (3) 30% is saved for future rewards,
    (4) 40% is used to burn LUNC.

The rules regarding interest payment other than that follow the existing rules on Terra Docs.

1. After the lockup period, at the time of unlocking the “unstake pending” LUNCs are transferred to
    the investor who has unstaked them.

I would appreciate your opinions on this proposal.
Thank you

1. LUNC의 위임 해지 시 그 즉시 “언스테이크 대기 상태” 로 테라 체인에 기록 합니다.

2. 락업 기간 동안 “언스테이크 대기 상태” LUNC코인은 위임 해지 된 밸리데이터에게 락업 기간 동안
    임시적으로 투표권을 부여 하도록 하고 이율을 생성하도록 합니다.

3. 이로부터 생성된 이율은 스테이킹 된 LUNC와 동등한 수준을 보장 합니다.

4. “언스테이크 대기 상태” 코인으로 부터 생성 된 이자의 지급 비중에 있어,

(1) 10%는 위임 해지한 투자자한테 지급하고,
    (2) 20%는 위임 해지 전 Validator에 지급하며,
    (3) 30%은 차후 이자 지급을 위해 saving하며,
    (4) 40%는 LUNC를 소각하는데 사용 합니다.

이외의 이자 지급에 관한 규정은 Terra Docs상의 기존의 규칙을 따릅니다.

5. 락업 기간 이후 락업 해제 시각에 “언스테이크 대기 상태” 코인은 위임 해지한 투자자로 전송 됩니다.

해당 제안에 대하여 다양한 의견 부탁 드립니다.
감사합니다.

No. I dont support this.

It’s a huge no for me. Like everything in life, investors should be responsible for how they manage their assets. Briefly, that is why everyone should always keep some coins unstaked and ready for trading. Especially, when this info is known a priori, i.e., the period of 21d when undelegate your coins, investor has to DYOR and some basic planning.

No