Proposed Ziggy Fork + Escrowed Buyback (2/n)

0. Previous Discussions

1. Disclaimers About Forks

Did you know that forks can work in harmony with other chains? Reusing the old code is a great way to cut development costs because you know the foundation of the code works! (We call this “boilerplating”!)

For example, did you know that every chain on Cosmos, including Terra, Terra Classic, Osmosis, Juno, Crescent, Injective, dYdX, and many more, are forks of Cosmos SDK? Cosmos Network - Internet of Blockchains

Did you also know that Ethereum has what’s called “scaling solutions,” many of which come in the form of Layer 2s, such as Optimism, Base (a fork of Optimism), Arbitrum, Aztec, Cartesi, xDai, Polygon, ParaState, zk-sync, and so much more !!! L2BEAT – The state of the layer two ecosystem

The reason forks happen is because of disagreement on the DAO-level (eg ETH, ETC, ETHW; or BTC, BCH, LTC, BSV, etc) or because they want to scale and bring money back to the original chain ??? (many examples above !!!)

2. Disclaimers About Algo-Stable

Did you know I’m not a quant ??? I didn’t get a Master’s degree in Stochastic Finance, I instead got $50k in student debt and my co-signer died !!!

It’s still worth working on !!! Did you know you can do both at once ???

Did you also know I included an entire section called DEMURRAGE that Terra is predicated on that can contribute to that endeavor ??? It’s almost like I’ve been writing about this for nearly a year !!!

3. Disclaimers On Money In General

Did you know that I’ve only asked for charitable donations to date and that I put myself in extreme debt to try and make this work ???

Did you know that LUNC is either 1) in extreme debt, or 2) able to live on as a “COIN” blockchain ??? In fact, the easiest resolution would be to merge the entire LUNC chain with LUNA and keep it as “COINS ONLY,” where you could (hear me out fellas) REVERSE SPLIT your COINS at a rate of 100:1 ??? (Meaning that for every 100 UST COINS you get 1 UST!!!

All you need to do is merge with LUNA, or join one of our many many forks !!! (Did you know we have a lot of them, you just don’t know about it ???)

4. Notes On Taxes

If you love paying them so much, please pay mine !!!

5. Proposal

STEP 1: Merge Terra Classic with LUNA using the “C” as a COIN denomination !!!
STEP 2: Reverse split it at a rate of 100:1 to get UST !!!
STEP 3: Keep the supply of LUNC so that people who like burning their own money can still do it !!!
STEP 4: Fork LUNC and have it as its own chain still !!! (We call this a SIDECHAIN or a ROLLUP !!!)
STEP 5: Add as many game currencies who want to onboard so you have somewhere to burn your LUNC !!! (Maybe you get ONE PLAY for every 25 LUNC, like a QUARTER !!!)

THAT’S IT, TEAM !!! It’s very simple !!!

6. What You Need To Do

Vote YES if you want to stop this nightmare !!!
Vote NO if you like arguing with each other and complaining about spending other peoples’ money unwisely !!!
Vote VETO if you feel very strongly about complaining about how other people spend their money !!! (That’s why we tax people a lot !!!)

7. Questionnaire

I will be taking ZERO questions since I’ve answered almost every single one I can think of over the course of 10 months, which I rightfully should have spent in a psychiatric ward dealing with all of this bullshit !!!

If you are CONFUSED about something, please USE THE SEARCH ENGINE, and if you still cannot understand the answer, @ me on Twitter @0xCenturion and say DUNCAN, SER, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS WORKS, CAN YOU OR ONE OF MY DELEGATES TELL ME WHAT IT MEAN ???

8. Is This Financial Advice ???

NO !!! If you are taking financial advice from a 2007 CARTOON CHARACTER, you probably need to think for yourself !!!

9. BUT I DON’T LIKE XYZ THING !!!

OK !!! THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!!

1 Like

I have read this Duncan. You have done a commendable job with it.

I understand your feelings after all the trolling you have been through.

While I am trying to raise legit concerns with proposals here, others are latching onto that and blowing it up in proportion. So I am also watching what I am saying henceforth because it affects the way a vote goes. I have learnt that lesson with L1TF. TBH I never wanted to rubbish them. I was talking in the same tone that I generally talk, but people misconstrued that, and attac(ked them left and right until the proposal went sideways.

I am reserving my opinion till the time some of the others share theirs.

@Exonreloaded

Settle down ok?

absolutely not

@arunadaybasu

While I am trying to raise legit concerns with proposals here, others are latching onto that and blowing it up in proportion. So I am also watching what I am saying henceforth because it affects the way a vote goes. I have learnt that lesson with L1TF. TBH I never wanted to rubbish them. I was talking in the same tone that I generally talk, but people misconstrued that, and attac(ked them left and right until the proposal went sideways.

the points don’t matter, the solution is simple, all you have to do is opt-in or out

don’t give a big doggo heck about what people say, my patience is wearing down to the bone (no doggo puns intended) and the digi-cage is driving me insane

1 Like

Bro I am reading your Twitter feed right now. Are you sure you are in a state of mind to take this up?

Also, have you addressed all the concerns of the community till now like sidechain, team, etc?

Is there a plan about how to go about this if you get funded? Have you chalked out a chronological list of tasks that you need to do? I am talking about something like a Kanban board.

P.S. Calm down and answer these questions. We are not trying to attac(k you.

3 Likes

Bro I am reading your Twitter feed right now. Are you sure you are in a state of mind to take this up?

Also, have you addressed all the concerns of the community till now like sidechain, team, etc?

Is there a plan about how to go about this if you get funded? Have you chalked out a chronological list of tasks that you need to do? I am talking about something like a Kanban board.

P.S. Calm down and answer these questions. We are not trying to attac(k you.

Literally like 99% of my mental stress is coming from the fact that I am trying really hard to find solutions on as many fronts as possible

1. ziggy doesn’t need me to succeed, never has – you know this as well as i do (and boy did it kick in when I found out about bLUNA)
  2. i would feel a lot better if i wasn’t getting turbo-fried trying to resolve this in a way that makes sense for everyone (both mentally and financially)
  3. currently on a path to be working in farmlands for the rest of my life so does it really matter? this is like a uni degree except with no degree and the profs just take the ideas and outsource it to competent devs

i could make a kanban board but tbqh I’m mentally depleted from doing this and I do not have a lot of time left (I ran out of runway months ago and have been working OT on my own sanity)

anytime someone just says “well idk this isnt what i wanted !!!” and go through the forty million day voting process it just seems like it’s not viable because people want this to be a terrible chain or something???

i literally dont get it,

Most voters and commenters here, heck, most investors - me included - have a faint grasp of what the consequences of the plans are that you are proposing.

Yet, if you do dangle a carrot that lays out a path, it gets introduced to the fold at large, for months we read and believed in one path since the author - you - gave arguments in favour of it.

If you then, out of the blue, propose that chain gets forked instead, wLuna holders start getting preferential treatment, the chains purpose is suddenly gaming and all that - It is a profoundly different plan, one that no one was expecting.

Folks will now take the same time, convincing, arguments, discussions and 40 million days of voting to get accostumed to this entirely new paradigm shift.

Heck, to even understand the implications of what you are proposing here - reverse split, moving assets to the forked chain…

We had that with original Ziggy. We had a lot of it. We had it night and day. This is a new plan. A restart.
And all the minute steps will either need to be taken again to instill trust in it.

My bags are inconsequential to the outcome and my opinion carries little value, but this isn’t a proposal that I could see passing in this microverse of ours.

1 Like

只要是挂钩,我都会投同意票,我会支持你

I already voted yes. I’m with you

Ok you need to calm down now since you are either being negative towards the chain or the community in some sorta reverse psychology marketing that you think should work.

We do not want this Duncan. We want the old Duncan.

So please get a hold of yourself and engage in a positive conversation that is beneficial for you, us and everyone in Terra Luna Classic.

This isn’t correct since the person who comes up with an idea is the only person who can execute the idea from start to finish. Without that person, the idea may not be materialized.

You need to balance your mental and financial state, which isn’t easy to do when we are at this age in our lives when we have debts to take care of along with the work and relationships that we need to attend to.

You do not need to plan your life. You need to plan this project/plan/proposal.

As far as I understand you have already uploaded this proposal for a vote and it will be live in some time.

Take a break for a couple of days and then get back to this. You need to relax and chill for some time.

Since you are dealing with numbers all day long, this will affect you mentally unless you take proper rest.

So take some rest since you have written the whitepaper(s), started discussions here and have now uploaded the prop for vote as well. Your preliminary work is done for now and you can reply to us 2 days later as well when you are feeling up for this.

1 Like

MERGE, REVERSE SPLIT, FORK. These are all terrible ideas. Add this to your prior thread of forking until a singularity, our investments going to z-ero, removing the burn tax, and minting.

It doesn’t matter how hard you work on terrible ideas, it doesn’t make them good.

NO WITH VETO.

7 Likes

Sorry guys, I cannot agree in clear conscience to a fork not to mention a merge with DKs LUNA. I was under the impression we have been through the fork discussions before and put it to rest…

5 Likes

I was just checking the technical docs of Cosmos. I do not think a merge has ever been done on Cosmos yet with any two or three blockchains. I do not know whether it is possible actually.

Are you aware about such information @wrapped_dday ? How do you know this is possible? Have you consulted a Cosmos blockchain developer for this?

Can you please provide the link to some official docs of Cosmos where this is mentioned that blockchains can be merged after being published?

Podcast?

3 Likes

Disappointed to see again encrypted infos in the proposal. Let’s speak clearly “Reverse split it at a rate of 100:1 to get UST”

This means that if we buy ustc at the rate of 0,02$/ustc today, after the reverse split we’ll have 1 ust for 100 ustc, so 50% loss of our money.

My vote is No

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I’m voting no. After seeing your erratic behavior on Twitter, I am concerned that you may not be stable enough to propose something that could put a billion dollar chain at risk. Seek help and come back when you are recovered.

4 Likes

Sorry Duncan, it’s a no from me. :-1:

None of us bought into LUNC to see it merged with LUNA after what Kwon did to the ecosystem.

This plan would also kneecap retail’s potential payout in case LUNC and/or USTC were to moon as is now.

I know you’ve put a ton of work into this, but some roads lead to ddead ends with no clear path forward.

Spend some time with your family during the holidays, and come back refreshed afterward.

No one said reviving LUNC would be quick or easy. This is a marathon, not a sprint. :muscle:

Wish you all the best man, take care! :pray:

7 Likes

Is 11454 yours because all discord is wondering?

1 Like

Yes it’s this proposal. Ziggy.

What happened on Discord?

What is this NONSENSE???
Tobias recently left and i think it’s time for you to leave too. We are not here to help you with your personal debt problems.

This proposal is a direct spit in the face to all of the LUNA CLASSIC Holders!
We are not here to cover your debts, Duncan. Tobias left and i think it’s in the chains best interest that you leave too.

3 Likes

A reverse split is a bad idea. Are there any assets that backed ustc? Instead of burning ustc, we should buy Terra Classic and other Assets. But who will take care of these Assets? Burning for Lunc is ok, but not for ustc.

1 Like