Terra Rebels Infrastructure Operations and Maintenance v2

Since Terra Rebels is not decentralize station and not belonging to Lunc community. How I going to trust these unknown(no name) people?

1 Like

It is the same proposal because allnodes has requested a performance test. :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Hold on a second @Nanook994.
What you are saying is that you will not trust the people that have already helped unfreeze the chain and (we have paid and) delivered an independent Station along with other free goodies; instead you are happy to trust and fall back into:

• Using an infrastructure that was created by a boss that ABANDONED the chain and BLOCKED it.
  • An infrastructure whose boss was wanted and was recently arrested.
  • An infrastructure which more than likely its parent company TFL might come under legal scrutiny and be forced to shut down.
  • An infrastructure that supports a GUI that is not fit for purpose for LUNA Classic

How does that make any sense and help the chain move forward?

2 Likes

Looks like TerraRebels are now paying shillers $10K a month as well as Discord mods? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

There is all level of :clown_face::clown_face::clown_face: up in here.

Here is a link Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
These were some of the scams TR/TR members were involved in before they sunk their hooks into our chain.

Remember this: Where there is smoke, there is usually a fire. Where did all these allegations/accusasions come from? Thin air? Why would a team, which is not wanted nor welcomed, facing so much crap as TR are getting, still hang around? For the good of their health? There are many other places they could go and “develop” their products.
They are exploiting our governance inefficiencies & vulnerabilities. BECAUSE THEY SMELL EASY MONEY!!! Get it?

5 Likes

Hahahha that was a good one :sunglasses::v:t2:

1 Like

It’s as simple as a sausage machine; meat goes in on one end and sausage goes out on the other end.
In the sausage machine, you take care if the meat used is ok and you eat the sausage at the end…you don’t give a flying frack who made the sausage machine or who was paid to put it together. The end product is what matters.

, now in terms of the chains governance:
A spending proposal comes in on one end and a deliverable goes out on the other end.
In the governance of the chain you take care of the spending proposal metrics, details and deliverables, at the end you get deliverables…you don’t give a flying frack how this was delivered or how the team worked to do that as long as the deliverable is there.

You can say whatever story you like about the in-between irrelevant parts, the fact is the deliverable was completed and given to us…the rest is stories for the sake of stories and some more stories.
Do you want to make yourself useful? On the next Spending Proposal (whichever dev team that might come from) ask for specific deliverables so we can broadly quantify the cost of them and when not delivered demand the money be deposited back to the CP (for those) at the end of the project.

P.S. We didn’t do a great job (as a community) with the deliverable definition on that first spending proposal, but it’s done and we learn as we are going along…

1 Like

I will read and reply but it will take a while because I only have access to my phone

1 Like

I tried but I can’t. Tomorrow I will read it on the computer too many pages and links. I will answer tomorrow evening. it wants to get to know it well. This link is chaotic and some screenshots I don’t understand at all. A few pages I would throw away immediately because they contain absolutely nothing. Maybe tomorrow it will be on the big screen.

Terra Rebels was not alone for the LUNA station help. But Rebels alone got $150k from the community. Is it not enough?
Don’t you want that Luna station to become the independent and decentralized?

No thank you, the discord moderators can work for free.
NO WITH VETO

1 Like

We got rid of our Discord server

1 Like

Each station is centralized and does not belong to either the RS or TS community. I remind you that RS was created because they wanted to kick us out of TS. So is TS ours? Stations are endpoints, we only have 2 at the moment. They are not to be decentralized, but there are to be a lot of them. Removing one, we are dependent on one company. There should be more stations.

2 Likes

Lets say TFL wants to work on their infrastructure and needs to take Terra Station offline for a period or transactions won’t work during a core code update, Rebel Station is their so you can keep transacting, and vise-versa, anything that requires no downtime needs to be highly available, and to do that you need to have multiple instances of it, thus 2 wallets and 2 infrastructures.

2 Likes

Reposting on this thread from the older thread since I think it may be helpful to the current proposal discussion and consideration:

For those who have not worked in Systems Administration, here is what @echel0n has been saying:

• Terra Rebels is offering the same service you would get if you actually hired a MSP company with full time monitoring and intervention (and TR has actual access to the physical hardware).
  • The actual hardware that runs the TR endpoints, on behalf of the community per their spend proposal 11030 is in a data center (off-site) - most likely the same type of data center you would get when you purchase cloud computing as a service. So, it is either they have setup their own, or are co-locating.
  • There are three people that are on call for monitoring.
  • The picture he showed of the three monitors was of the remote site (his home) place that he works to monitor and remotely access the hardware (the other two that do monitoring, also have access remotely).

Here is the reality, governance paid a grant to do the work to get the endpoints and API to a place it could help to provide independence. Terra Rebels is now offering a decent rate to run that infrastructure (and has broken it down well in the proposal discussion).

This infrastructure, in addition to PublicNodes, helps the community to maintain a strong L2 public backend presence, as well as keeps a stable wallet and stable finder available (since TFL has now pushed its own “classic” infrastructure to PublicNodes hosted through AllNodes and TCV). They are currently running one of the few archive nodes (as far as I understand)(which if you want the blockchain to see back to the beginning - is a must to have archive nodes). Although it came with backlash, TR recently delivered on its commitment from the funding in proposal 11030 ( Separation of Rebel Station from TFL infrastructure - #427 by echel0n ). Proposal 11479, currently being discussed here, would help maintain the infrastructure, version of wallet, and version of finder, and be one step further in strengthening Terra v1 public L2 infrastructure.

As AllNodes has said:

Hope that helps a little bit :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Kelvin, have you been paying no attention whatsover the past few weeks?
I’ll fill in the bits of information you missed.
When v1 of the proposal was put up for vote, AllNodes voted ‘No’ because they first wanted to see the results of a performance test they specified. AllNodes indicated that once the performance test was run and it met their expectations, TR could resubmit the proposal and AllNodes would vote ‘Yes’.
Given AllNodes have 14.41% of the voting power it makes perfect sense for TR to resubmit the proposal now that the performance test has been run.

3 Likes

And we just keep smashing goals, 14k in traffic over the 1hr

5 Likes

Am afraid not, a typical vSpere cluster with a basic SAN loaded with SSDs (let alone NVMEs) cost A LOT more than 150K…as a matter of fact, med/high-level SANs with dedupe capabilities start around 400K! The problem (if can be called that) with computer tech is that it required maintenance and if you are after SLAs, support.
That last needs people’s hands involved and their time…typical 24/7 support is run by 3 people in shifts of 8 hours and involves being there to keep an eye on the Monitor interface alerts thrown by the platform so they can jump in if something goes wrong. It doesn’t mean will happen but someone has the responsibility to be the eyes and ears for the team during those 8 hours. The one receiving every alert via SMS/Email/Popup or other methods. During those 8 hours, they might work on dev work to better performance and/or other tasks voted for via Governance.

I do, and very much so. Don’t forget we embark on this trip because TFL said they wouldn’t support LUNC on their Station. Thankfully they kept classic support and now we have TWO Stations to use rather than one (maybe more independent ones in the future!). To make things better the second station (Rebel Station) is taking orders from the community through the voting system to improve the interface for the LUNC Chain…and they are doing so! They pour their time and effort into LUNC; no multi wallets, no mixups, just LUNC…and doing great work at that I think.

I was glad for the AllNodes request on V1 because it has pushed Rebel Station even further in terms of chain decentralization. Now we know that it can be switched over to using public endpoints for servicing chain requests (and maybe that should be the default or allow users to select the config using a toggle in the interface), and that is HUGE.

Often people mix-up the decentralization of the chain with the decentralization of the team managing the Client (Rebel Station/Terra Station) of the chain. The first is a matter of decentralization and involves the FCDs/LCDs (a.k.a The Chain), and the latter is a matter of trust (not decentralization) on a team of people managing the Client interface of the chain…whichever “team” is chosen for that second part will always be on the firing line with the questionable “decentralization” rhetoric simply because the argument is flawed; the issue, in that case, IS you will have to TRUST a team of people performing that task at some point and that’s that.
To make the point regarding the “decentralization” flawed rhetoric you need to ask yourself “Is L1 decentralized?”. If not, how is chain development supposed to proceed if we don’t trust an L1 team to do the job? If yes, is that maybe because we trust them rather than thinking they are decentralized?

2 Likes

No one controls hours and spending, no reporting. This is the main problem (especially L1).

2 Likes

I love it: “Just a number we came up with”. Out of echel0n’s own mouth!!
This just really puts what I wrote previously in bold and underlines it perfectly.
JUST NICE RANDOM ROUND NUMBERS!!

Just how f#&king much proof do we need that these guys can not and should not be trusted? It doesn’t matter if they deliver dApps or pizza or paint the frickin’ Sistine Chapel!! They might give us “something” … BUT, they will be a significant factor in investors NOT WANTING to come on board.
They will drive away more utility than they will provide. They are a net negative for the chain.
It really is as simple as that!

3 Likes

Oh shit… :rofl: I am 100% sure that he forgot he wrote that ever. This is what is defined as “digging up shit”…

1 Like