Terra Rebels Infrastructure Operations and Maintenance

I have to say thanks to you because if you had not come here and started this sp(am)ming, I would have never started working on a new forum. So thanks :sunglasses:

It won’t be long until this place is gone, so you can continue with your bullshit.

how did TCV gain control of the the end points in the first place? come one .

2 Likes

The end point belongs to community. Come on.

3 Likes

Maybe Jay forgot that the community voted YES for TR to build an independent to TFLs infrastructure with that 150K spend proposal.
That last implies standing up dedicated endpoints (just like you and I also can) otherwise we would still depend on TFLs endpoints and would defeat the attempt of gaining independence.

The fact that we can use public endpoints, as well as the ones developed by TR, is a huge win as far as I am concerned.

5 Likes

has any TR published details of their $150k community voted fund “YES” details of expenses including paying their MODs? if I remember correctly, one of the communities asked them about cooperation with Nebilo regarding network maintenance, however, the TR mod states that TR does not belong to the community but private entities that work based on those who pay them. independent? Merdeka. In my opinion, you make your own block chain including its functions and uses and sell it yourself. Decentralization is only bitcoin, because the originator of the idea has never betrayed the community, and provides solutions to people who are tired of the traditional economic system. it is too early to call this chain decentralized, because there are still many traitors who use this block chain to benefit themselves and their groups, even now it is not clear what vision and mission this chain will carry forward in the future. enjoy the next serial dramas with slightly modified tricks.

1 Like

Please voice your disagreement and check status updates in the official proposal post 11030

Might be worth reading also, what was agreed (right or wrong) as the deliverable on that proposal.

2 Likes

jay just looking for clicks m8

1 Like

I am for more multiple endpoints; however @echel0n’s image of the physical infrastructure has posed a number of concerns:

• It’s unprofessional -it seems to be in a living room where kids etc can cause issues
    • physical security breaches,such as theft or damage to the infrastructure
  • Is there a generator- to provide power int he event of electrical outage?
  • Does it have failover internet service?
  • The only person who has access to the physical infrastructure is echelon- big red flag! -total central control
  • Will TR migrate to a professional data center or cloud-based services to support the service, especially as it grows in size and complexity?
1 Like

The picture I posted was of my workstation, I work from home, I also admin / manage the infrastructure remotely from home, I also have kids and look after them during the day so my wife can work as well.

Yes, there is generator power
Yes, there is failover internet service

1 Like

Explanation is noted with thanks.

Any response for these?

1 Like

All of that was explained over and over again. What happens is that people do not read everything with scrutiny

Please show those threads with respect to what I have asked.

It’s in the following sections (but includes bits in the discussions inbetween):

I agree though that one more member should have clearance in the DC for physical access, even though that means they would need to travel to get there.

i.e. If @echel0n were to be hit by a bus (god forbid) there could be an issue should no one else has the ability to visit the DC and resolve issues of physical nature that cannot be sorted out by DC 3rd hands service.

The community did not pay for it. They dont need our input. When it comes to us paying to use it , we can decide on that.

I’ve watched the video again, and he (Jay) gives me the impression he is thinking (at least that is what he’s implying) the blockchain is actually running out of that office space.

It makes me wonder if it is ignorance or using any means necessary to get back at TR.

Yeah, I was coming to that conclusion as well, I mean its absurd that they would think that, but I guess I’ll go clear it up on twitter, yet again!

1 Like

For those who have not worked in Systems Administration, here is what @echel0n has been saying:

• Terra Rebels is offering the same service you would get if you actually hired a MSP company with full time monitoring and intervention (and TR has actual access to the physical hardware).
  • The actual hardware that runs the TR endpoints, on behalf of the community per their spend proposal 11030 is in a data center (off-site) - most likely the same type of data center you would get when you purchase cloud computing as a service. So, it is either they have setup their own, or are co-locating.
  • There are three people that are on call for monitoring.
  • The picture he showed of the three monitors was of the remote site (his home) place that he works to monitor and remotely access the hardware (the other two that do monitoring, also have access remotely).

Here is the reality, governance paid a grant to do the work to get the endpoints and API to a place it could help to provide independence. Terra Rebels is now offering a decent rate to run that infrastructure (and has broken it down well in the proposal discussion).

This infrastructure, in addition to PublicNodes, helps the community to maintain a strong L2 public backend presence, as well as keeps a stable wallet and stable finder available (since TFL has now pushed its own “classic” infrastructure to PublicNodes hosted through AllNodes and TCV). They are currently running one of the few archive nodes (as far as I understand)(which if you want the blockchain to see back to the beginning - is a must to have archive nodes). Although it came with backlash, TR recently delivered on its commitment from the funding in proposal 11030 ( Separation of Rebel Station from TFL infrastructure - #427 by echel0n ). Proposal 11479, currently being discussed here, would help maintain the infrastructure, version of wallet, and version of finder, and be one step further in strengthening Terra v1 public L2 infrastructure.

As AllNodes has said:

Hope that helps a little bit :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh does it? There has been no prop at any time on rerouting end points.
Community does not own the end points.

The DNS that points to the endpoints (LCD/FCD) that run Terra Station is owned by TFL, they control what that DNS points to, and currently that is Allnodes endpoints for Terra Station and Terra Rebels endpoints for Terra Station Mobile.

2 Likes

This trash de listed from Binance 3 days ago. Bad pr.