The Sanest Compromise - Combining the Terra Ecosystem Revival Plan and the FatMan Plan

No tx on current luna should be used to burn Luna was here long before UST I believe they should recieve some om the Luna they helped to print by not backing and trusting in the luna foundation when there weak hands sold while Do was trying to bring peg back. Airdrop ust holders those luna"s implement Burns and everyone will be made whole over time >This is the way forward for us as a community thanks.

OK so the reason why none of the ā€œmade wholeā€ proposals are being adopted is because they only have 100 million in reserves, not 1 billion. How much can 100 million help? I bet not 97%

This proposal seems comprehensive, now I think any proposal we get, there will always be a group of people left behind such as the group of people that invested heavily in UST since they would only receive up to $50,000. LUNA holders will receive v2 tokens and will continue with their speculation.

I personally hold LUNA and UST

• Holding LUNA was speculation, losing hhere was part of possible outcomes so I only put in what Iā€™m willing to lose completely
  • Holding UST was for stability and liquidity so losing here was unexpected and should not lose since this was sold as a stablecoin

This is the most fair and reasonable proposal Iā€™ve seen, although Iā€™d like to see a solution where ALL UST holders are made whole and LUNA holders get to hit a reset button

4 Likes

This is the best plan out there.

1 Like

It makes sense and I support this. Although, withdrawing on the 9th does not necessarily mean youā€™ve sold any ust in the end. Some have ofc and theyā€™ve been rather little impacted but a lot of holders were confused with the informations by LFG and hoped for repeg, thus never sold and theyā€™re now fucked. How do we deal with that? A snapshot pre depeg on the 7th and a new one to see whoā€™s got the same sum (minus 2ust) after transfering back to Terra station could be a solution and exclude ust speculators post depegā€¦ ?

Yes Luna has objectively been driven by ust since ustā€™s and Anchorā€™s inception. Little else and thatā€™s facts!

Investing in ust post depeg clearly shows a speculative intention regarding the climate at the time and as much as Iā€™d like to see people serene again, it would not make any sense to refund them in this context of urgency. Post depeg ust buy was clear speculation in a falling market! End of story.

Yes! Agreed.

I mean, it should be so obvious to anyoneā€¦ Stop intellectual dishonesty, right?! :wink:

Not the first project to be forked nor is it the last. Move on and accept your fate you gambled like all of us.

This is crucial, in no way any ust holder that sold should get his pre depeg amount back.
So, snapshot pre and post depeg should be rather the same (minus transfer fees) and this would exclude post depeg ust speculators that might have bought at a fraction of 1usd. A snapshot of tx on CEX could also be required to prove nothing was sold or if sold, how much. Then the difference cshould be refunded.

Seems illogical to make plans until the who, what, why has been determined. Or itā€™s just going to happen again. There were some very SUS events over the past few weeks and it is highly likely insiders or their information was being used, oddly even after the halt, so much Luna was printed that it does not make validation profitable as is. This was far more than a simple attack. .

I dont think you are stupid. I believe you should be one of the most rewarded people. But those people who bought at 0.1 and claim they were buying to save it. They can kiss my ass.

People with the most incentive to keep the network working were stakers, early buyers and project devs. Their net worths are all now zero. No matter how much you burn their net worth is gone. You can burn until end of your life and they would not get their money back. So we start burning and reward those moonboys who bought at 0.001 wanting a 1000x. They can go fuck themselves.

2 Likes

This is a pretty good proposal. One thing I just thought about making UST holders wholeā€¦ For UST holders that bought this to stake for a 20% APY, there was an acceptance of risk in doing that. I canā€™t think of any product that provides interest rates above 3% without risk. Iā€™m not sure where the 20% comes from, but perhaps it was just minted to cover the interest being earned.

Great post, and I think the best solution Iā€™ve heard to-date! From the business side of things, this solution comes with funding paperwork to execute the proposal as well - a key advantage.

Perhaps most importantly, this solution preserves UST as a central component of the Terra ecosystem. Iā€™m here because Terra is a stablecoin protocol. I think itā€™s important to remember that UST is a primary reason for Terraā€™s success thus far and cannot be left out if Terra and its community hope to once again achieve the potential that everyone saw in it.

Iā€™m in for the burn :fire::fire: too. No to fork

donā€™t you think this might help? [Proposal] - A Better Way to Progressively BURN lots of LUNA & UST - NO FORK - Governance & Proposals - Terra Research Forum

Thanks. Guess one way I look at it is I knew ust could depeg and luna is a volatile asset / stake belief in the system. I still think so and would like to see the system fixed, not abandoned. Being staking Iā€™m getting a ton of diluted luna in staking rewards, so building/fixing/addressing problems and bringing value to this near but not quite worthless luna 1) I profit from here at these lows, my ā€œsharesā€ are near valueless at the moment same time I own more ā€œshares,ā€ now Iā€™m in at ground floor on an amazing project if it continues 2) continue the product I invested in :slight_smile:

While we disagree I can see your point of view I dont mean to invalidate your reasoning