Trackterra V2- Request for Feedback

I’ve dropped a pre release of V2, beta.trackterra.org . Was hoping to release without first spinning up an FCD but it seems the public FCD infrastructure has some major issues. Im working on that just now, Track Terra will be in Alpha until i can address the issues with FCD, and then can subsequently test TrackTerra.

@dokwon i relize TFL has a lot of priorities just now, but these FCD issues are quite ugly, Ive seen this issue on a few of my wallets and also checked with the guys building extraterrestrial and they have seen the same issues. When querying any given wallet FCD is sporadically missing transactions. If you query the missing TXhashes on the FCD FCD will return a result. But the problem is there isnt a good way to find the missing txhashes without direct access to the FCD database or by querying LCD block by block which will take ages. And because all terra block explorers use the public FCD infrastructure this affects all Terra block explorers, and now Track Terra.

Will update once ive had some time to better understand this issue, need to spend some time looking through the FCD codebase .

1 Like

great work nonetheless, excited for the version without this issue once it comes!

1 Like

Hey Papi - Jesse is looking into this and he will get back to you soon.

We also hope to be deprecating FCD in favor of a third party solution within the year.

1 Like

@Papi This is due to fcd collecting account_txs table only indexed under the direct sender/recipient address in the message. Classic example would be anchor redeem_stable operation where the sender and recipient would be the user and aUST contract, and the terminal contract address (anchor market contract) would only appear somewhere in the event log.

We’ve patched FCD some weeks ago so it indexes account_txs table by whatever address-y value that appears in the event log. All transactions collected since then should appear where they should, and we’re backfilling all transactions that predate the patch right now.

Still I’d like to check the integrity of the db – would you mind sharing some sample txs that you found missing? Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks Jesse! I’ve provided a list of examples in the staff chat on discord . And it looks like the reindexing that was kicked off earlier today is working as intended . The 20 or so sample transactions i provided are all now being returned by FCD . @Paul_Kim mentioned it would take around 12 hours around 6 hours ago, ill do some additional tests once it finishes.

Appreciate the attention here . Thanks everyone!

It’s resolved now right?

1 Like

Are there plans to add spot prices in fiat currency to the report? Know at least in the US will need to convert all transactions to dollars for taxes and calculating gains/losses/income etc…

Most crypto tax softwares do this for you. We do however do this for LP tokens where possible (ie when lp contains UST) . Could consider adding USD value for swaps that are made against UST but not viable for non UST pairs.

Most of those are very spotty in how they handle transactions and charge by number of transactions (definitely have to check each one manually to make sure it handles it properly).

I personally try to summarize my transactions ie. Combine all ANC airdrops to show 1 ANC airdrop versus 20 or so since I think it’s silly to have 100 nominal transactions and need a premium version of a software, but not possible to do without the spot rates so I think it’d be a helpful addition to the report, but just a suggestion.

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback, will consider it where it’s feasible to implement.