Vote of "No Confidence" for the Current L1 Team

Obviously you did not read the code. And if you read it, then it’s pretty much clear that you did not understand it. The code from the freeze branch does not implement the “security module” that was suggested on that GitHub post that you are referring to. The actual code implements a permanent lockdown for a fixed and hard coded set of addresses and prevents the execution of several message types that are crucial for these accounts to move funds around. The code involves no multisig trigger and no backdoor to allow a centralized multisig entity to blacklist more or fewer addresses in a configurable way. It’s a chain softfork that sanctions these specific hardcoded addresses.

Code is not in production. There is also no notion of “near the production code”. It’s either in production or not. The code will not be merged into production if not approved. And if we had coded this in a branch in this repo or in a forked repo would have made absolutely no difference from a technical point of view: In both cases the code would have been merged into main/production using a peer review process called pull request.

Bilbo: You are touching and arranging the facts like a politician, not like a professional engineer. You even introduce half-truths to support your narrative. Like the one above. You don’t even have the decency to suggest your alternative L1 team in the same breath so people can see what your true intends are with pushing this.

Unbelievably unprofessional.

2 Likes

They already got paid for Q1 and only completed 65% of the work and are billing for work in Q2 that was completed in Q1(double billing). What don’t people get about this current L1 team being thieves, besides the fact they just stole millions in investor funds with the TerraPort scam they pulled.

4 Likes

Frag be like it’s unprofessional to question my governance stop being so political then try to make props which would literally ban people from the block chain if they get on his nerves make it make sense

6 Likes

I have ZERO confidence left in you guys. Time to pack up your shit and go. Leave the work to actual professionals.

6 Likes

Yes sure. We couldn’t stop it back then. All post crash holders were banned from staking/voting

Yes and i promoted and staked with them for months. None of the other validators who vetoed the fork like stake.systems or blockscape got any attention. I only recently changed my mind about them.

I only can say what I did. I pushed against a VP cap and comission which was rolled put against allnodes because of how they voted vs. The fork. However, there were so many controversial proposals in the meantime, that my opinion this is not relevant anymore. Seeing how Jagmot sits on TGF while voting for anything TGF wants is just too much for me.

Yes he can take over - and I am sure he will do better job at it. Is he using a dirty play? I do not agree. He did NOT code anything without the approval of governance. He did not try to sneak a code into the update. It is what L1TF did together with TCV. Bilbo is not to be blamed for that. Just take a look at validators are voting - 100% no with veto. This proves that Bilbo is again 100% right. There is no doubt that this proposal is against the principles of defi. It is also 100% against governance. TCV messaged L1TF “hey can you do this code for us guys?” “Yeah sure, just put a proposal up so no one complains”. This is plainly wrong. And whoever calls that out and tries to have accountability should not be abused for it. @petes-fan-club also sent the same message - but in his own way - just see his agira thread.

Also if you think Nova wants to be in center of attention -go and take a look at their discord. Its not much active in terms of chat, but go to section called ‘proposals’.

How stakers vote there,
Thats how his validator votes.
No ifs. No buts.
It is not centered around any father figure or authority.

For me thats the best guarantee that there wont be another Zaradar or Alex in his case.

7 Likes

Interesting. I always wanted to ask a staker of AllNodes why they stake with them.

Can you explain?

I’m serious about this question. This will provide us an insight about how and why they are the largest validator and why everyone stakes with them.

3 Likes

Good thing the backdoor blacklisting code “attempt” was caught before it reached production/main. If it were not caught, real money would have been at risk. That is not acceptable. To me, that is an “attempt” to sabotage the chain. We are about to get parity and join Alliance. If that crap has gone through, good luck with getting people to come to the chain. A failed “attempt” is also a wrongdoing to put it politely.

6 Likes

L1 you could also own the mistake, say you misjudged, the replies so far are not helping at all…

3 Likes

see the amount of fakes that appeared together with Bilbo, see the profile creation date on classic-agora.terra.mone see that all these people attack everything that the rabbi and his team are against and speak well of the proposals they put forward.

is this coincidence?

I’ve been watching this for days.

TCV did this to attack TR.

Now Rabbi and his team do this to attack, TCV, L1 and TR.

L1 helped code the code in his spare time, remember they are a part time hire only.

The code was NOT posted without governance approval.

For me bilbo and rabbi are playing dirty, just look for the facts and you will find.

are voting against the code not against L1, that doesn’t mean he is 100% right, he is attacking L1 not just the code.

1 Like

You’re blind! The L1 team went into validator chats behind the back of governance to attempt to get them to run the code. As was mentioned by PFC.

This was blatant ignorance. The fact that the L1 team didn’t tell Tcv to kick rocks that code is not being written is another reason they must go.

9 Likes

Did we ask you to do either of that?

Certainly. Around May one guy called Do Kwon has shafted the community by bribing all of the builders and validators to abandon LUNC and go work on his new chain instead. Community pushed back - 1 attempt under proposal 1273 was a first shy attempt at a burn based approach. However, the offer from DK was too powerful and we started to loose the struggle against the fork. Instead our focus shifted to asking validators to veto the fork.
Only a few validators had the guts to do so. One of them, and the biggest one - was allnodes.

So after the fork, TR was formed (long story short) and after a deal with pre-crash validators was struck the staking was reopened. The deal was to give pre-crash validators a few months of monopoly in exchange for agreeing to this. New validators would have only be allowed after this transition period.
So… after staking was open, the TR server was all buzzying with convos who to stake with. I personally promoted the validators who vetoed Do Kwon the best I could - and always opposed the ones who voted yes (like thor f.e). The fact that allnodes got the most of the pie again was 2 things - 0 commision, the fact that they were the biggest ones before (on pair with Orion) and had one of the best uptimes. At the time APR was SICK - 400% apr or so when staking reopened - so people obviously jumped at the Vals with the Best possible stats. With such a high APR every second matters rite?

So that basically sums it up. As APR fell off a cliff these numbers stopped making as much of a difference so peope diversified their stake more organically. Also awareness and validators politics/presence on socials started to play a bigger role. We have seen effects of that with the validators like HCC, CLASSY, CRYPTO KING and TCV appear in the top positions. If you compare now to before - f.e in May '22 we had Allnodes (20vp), Orion (20vp), luncdao (10vp - since he bought an old validator) and then the whole rest collecting scraps.

4 Likes

@arunadaybasu: Today I set up two validators on the rebel-2 network. I approached the validators to join the rebel-2 testnetwork so we can have a proper test of the v2.0.0 upgrade in a production like environment.

So far I am getting absolutely no response unfortunately. This is why I moved to setting up several validators on that net with different setups. So we can have a proper upgrade test.

Over the course of the last week and over the weekend I fixed/prepared some governance related issues in rebel-2 network. I also created an internal testnet for API breakage testing of the v2.0.0 binary.

I also finalized the sync for a Kujira full node so I can set up a relayer. However, this item has lowest priority, as parity has priority.

Most of that work is not visible on GitHub. I don’t know why you would see that as the only viable proof of work?

I heard from you that you are unhappy about too few information hitting the ground of this community. I can tell you why that is: Because there is a very loud set of people trying to take everything we say and throw it against us. I always tried too approach people professionally and in a kind manner. I also wanted to be transparent as possible. But all I hear is people yelling at me and accusing me of being a thieve, producing illegal code or being unable to handle my workload.

You must admit that that is a pretty hostile environment to work in. And what do you do in hostile environments? Right, you try to not expose yourself.

4 Likes

It’s good that you came here and gave us an update.

That is what is needed. That is what was required all along. This is what you guys had to do.

Also, the community will have preconceived notions about certain things unless you guys explain things to us properly and transparently.

I know that guys were doing your work and what you did is what you were told to do, and that you have no other intentions behind doing your work.

I am not sure whether LBA told you guys to do this change and add that function but I suspect he did. He would have been the one communicating with TCV.

You guys have have practically held up the entire work of maintaining the blockchain and now that I am gradually getting to know what this kind of programming takes, I DO NOT think this is a proposal we should even consider.

Community, please calm down and act sensibly. I understand that you guys are angry but the anger should not be taken out on the wrong people. If you wanna hold anyone responsible, hold LBA responsible for this since HE is the project manager. And if he thinks that there is a reasonable explanation for this, then he can come to Twitter Spaces and explain himself. Let’s not overcomplicate this matter.

3 Likes

We elected the L1 team and compensated them for their work. We are now entrusting them to carry out their duties. At the end of their tenure, we will evaluate their performance and make a decision on whether to renew their contract or vote for a new team.

2 Likes

Arubasu go back to doing daily work breakdowns, you’re more useful there than here. The L1 team tried to sneak in a blacklisting multisig and they should be punished for it. This vote of no confidence is justified.

5 Likes

Oh arudaybasu if it isn’t the communities most prolific scammer I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE he spent 5 days shitting on the original new teams prop then said he would approve it under the condition he gets paid 1000 dollars, I’ve gone as far as to see him on alts ask for one BTC to stop shitting up agoras can we seriously cut this guy loose already

Now is not time to attack the L1 team. Their work is appreciated and I’m sure the next 6-8 weeks will provide positive movement and parity. It was a diversion and poorly managed TCV idea.

Focus the veto on the ones who deserve it.

plus another fake created recently that only attacks L1.

Lunc drama :poop:

1 Like

I think you are barking at the wrong tree. Imo Rabbi was wrong trying to give 4 million bucks to Zaradar (would have been a disaster) and maybe went to hard on Allnodes, but otherwise I cant falt the guy. I was also behind Zaradar for a long time until ‘Senate’ and the TR Townhall was leaked. At a time id pay him 4 million as well probably.
The current L1 Team is 2 guys and a project manager (managing what). Seriously, I cant see how any of this is defenceable. TGF is another story. This is not a non profit. LBA and Marco are both sitting on TGF while also getting paid by the TGF. This is no way in hell how things should work. The person OVERSEEING the funds cant also be the recepient of funds - do you know what i mean?
Accounting wise - this will get marked down at a first audit that happens to them.

Btw what did we exactly get out of this whole set up?
They recieved 1.6 million USTC to start TGF
They got 908M lunc for L1JTF Q1
They got 1B LUNC for the “recovery grants” which were not awarded yet
They got 976M LUNC For L1JTF Q2
They got multiple LUNCDAO Donations
They got multiple LUND DEV FUND VALIDATOR Donations

What effect did this all have? Near none.

Biggest achievement to day was appeasing Binance so they dont pull out of the burns completely. Lets recap on this for a while, ok? Who do we owe this to?

Who swayed the vote on 0.2% Tax that INTRODUCED the reminting?
Edward Kim with his article.

Who swayed the vote to introduce 50% remint?
Edward Kim. “We will talk to Binance and see what they think”. Want a screenshot? Ill go and find it if i need to.

Dude we need to realise. These guys are getting paid from the CP to fix their own mess. Over and over again. While the average holder just bleeds value of their bags.

I have had enough of this and will not stand for it anymore.

11 Likes