[Proposal] BURN and REMEDY fee with each LUNA transaction 💊 [PART I]

Whether it is rolling, fixed or multi-level, transaction / burn TAX should not be too high. High Tax will discourage enconomic (trading/investing) activities.

Tax revenue= volumn X tax rate%

Only the revenue matters, we should keep the tax low to encourage more activites.

2 Likes

Tagged a lot of validators in the tweet we made :smiley: Like and retweet! Lets wake them up ^^

1 Like

Even crappy exchanges like WhiteBIT implemented the taxing mechanism for the slow rugpull called Safemoon, and you are telling me they won’t do it for one of the most significant blockchains of the 2021-2022 season?

Yes, a very succinct way of putting it — the goal is to maximize the revenue!

Here is the link to the whole tweet :rocket:

3% wont kick them out of the game at all if the buy back and burn is per transaction not only does the price go up from the buy it will also increase when the tokens are burned so if anything it make it more lucrative for them as the profit margin will be higher.

right, its whitebit. They are doing everything to list coins lol.

In our case it the burn % of volume won’t be shared between holders, only burned + there could be remedy fee as mentioned.

I further edited the equations. There was a typo in them not reflecting exactly what is on the excel sheet. Now it is fixed

1 Like

Perfect :smiley:

I mean to be honest if he doesnt thought about that before he isnt that smart for sure. You cant say lets add 20% taxes and think about the same volume, it doesnt work like that.

Thats a question to answer by the team. Would they leave it without a tax on some exchanges like Binance for mainainting the volume? Or would we pick lower fees To be included on exchanges with new fees? The volume won’t be the same for sure. But it should be big enough to make LUNA deflationary. After implementing the fees teams goals should be a strong collaboration with he major exchanges to find a solution and numbers that work for everyone. Next our goal as community should be developing the LUNA ecosystem to grow its on-chain volume, not only on exchanges. Its a mid-term/long-term solution. What do you think? 20% tax is definitely unrealistic. Thats why I proposed 3% burn and 1% remedy fee

1 Like

Is there any concern that the new tax would bring the entire chain to a halt?

I still like this proposal the best, but i’m curious how the tax will effect things.

Hi, I think we could have a 5% purchase and sale tax

3%: purchase and burn
1%: redistributed to all holders, this allows holders to be rewarded and creates a “marketing offer” or new investors and for day traders to find a small part of the tax who will pay regularly
1%: injected into ust
by blocking the sale on the ust time that did not have $1, it could allow the person who has lost a lot to regain their investment once parity is regained

just an idea like that thank you and good luck

yeh, have fun with 99,5% lower volume.

maaaaaybe 1% is kind of sustainable, but i even doubt that. top 5 exchanges are all out of the game implementing taxes.

I wrote it below, what do you think?

Hi, I think we could have a 5% purchase and sale tax

3%: purchase and burn
1%: redistributed to all holders, this allows holders to be rewarded and creates a “marketing offer” or new investors and for day traders to find a small part of the tax who will pay regularly
1%: injected into ust
by blocking the sale on the ust time that did not have $1, it could allow the person who has lost a lot to regain their investment once parity is regained

just an idea like that thank you and good luck

This is a problem. It would make LUNA the next safemoon with the mindset of “Fatter get fatter”, since whales will benefit the most from this. I would rather not see that, but thats just my opinion.

1 Like

The Tax wouldn’t stop anything if you look at Safemoon they have a 10% fee on every transaction and before they ruined it had a market cap of 3b no issues everyone still bought and traded. Now if you look at this proposal at 3% its a drop in the ocean not even enough to worry people since the 3% will buy tokens and then burn them so will introduce some crazy gains at the moment and people wont want to miss out on that and FOMO in pushing the mechanic to work better and increase our price

Please read the below carefully

STAKEHOLDER ALIGNMENT

ECOSYSTEM DEVELOPERS, UST INVESTORS (PRE/POST CRISIS), LUNA INVESTORS (PRE/POST CRISIS)

1. THERE WILL BE NO 100% MUTUALLY AGREED PATH FORWARD THAT EQUALLY SATISFIES ALL PARTIES, AND TRYING TO ACHIEVE THAT IS NOT REALISTIC
  2. INVESTORS (UST + LUNA) WHO CASHED OUT TO CUT THEIR LOSSES CAN NOT BE COMPENSATED AND TRYING TO COMPENSATE BY REVERTING TO A SNAPSHOT IS NOT A VIABLE PATH FORWARD.
  3. PRE-CRISIS INVESTORS WHO HOLD UST & LUNA TODAY HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO RECOVER SOME IF NOT ALL OF THEIR LOSSES.
  4. LUNA NEEDS TO AGREE ON A TARGET TOTAL CIRCULATION SUPPLY THAT WILL BE FIXED AND CAPPED GOING FORWARD (I.E 1 BILLION) AND A TARGET DATE TO ACHIEVE THAT.
  5. IMPLEMENT A VARIABLE BURN RATE OVER “X” MONTHS THAT WILL ACHIEVE A “Y” REDUCTION IN TOTAL CIRCULATION EACH MONTH UNTIL THE TARGET DATE.
  6. LUNA TRANSACTION FEES AND BURN RATE SHOULD BE PUT INTO A “FUTURE FUND” THAT WILL INVEST EQUALLY 50%/50% IN BOTH LUNA (BUYBACKS) AND UST.
  7. UST NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED TO AVOID THE SITUATION - AND A VOTE NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE ON THE UPGRADE.
  8. IF THE ABOVE IS IMPLEMENTED IMMEDIATELY, INVESTORS WILL BELIEVE IN THE FUTURE OF LUNA AND UST AGAIN.
  9. ALL OTHER OPTIONS WILL EITHER FAIL TO BE IMPLEMENTED, OR FAIL TO ACHIEVE THE DESIRED RESULT.
2 Likes