Use Governance to Elect New Leadership

Summary
Given how poorly LFG has handled both the initial designs and fallout of their recent disaster, I suggest the community vote for new leadership moving forward. While I’m not one to judge another’s personality Do Kwon’s sudden shift to a quiet, demure leader with no ideas of his own shows he is not fit to get the ecosystem thru this storm. Rest assured there ARE solutions to this problem but none of them are quick, nor easy. Mr.Kwon if you don’t want to see this happen I suggest you straighten your spine out and start focusing on meaningful solutions, instead of throwing in the towel. Consumer confidence has to start with your confidence and the fact that yours has vanished at the first sign of trouble suggests that yours was always a front.

Motivation
Disasters like this happen all the time in crypto and often times whether a project gets to the other side or not is 100% dependent on the grit and perseverance of the team managing the crisis. This is not a time to suddenly become weak and apologetic but instead to prepare for the long grind of fixing the problem. Kwon’s and LFG posture mere hours after disaster struck only further exacerbated the problem and has completely destroyed confidence in the Luna ecosystem (for the time being). Under new leadership LUNA does have a chance of recovering its position though.

Proposal
Open up a proposal for the validators to elect new leadership to determine what solutions get enacted on-chain. So far the proposals from Kwon and LFG have been ill advised and nothing more than a mish mash of other peoples proposals, which shows they are out of ideas. I can see a number of paths forward that would make the community whole and I suspect there are others out there who can say the same.

56 Likes

Good idea!

7 Likes

Perfect

7 Likes

yes i vote for this

7 Likes

ok,
let’s go, but we have to set some goals, one of these would be to implement a protocol solution that keeps the peg stable (oracles or whatever, but we have to trust them)

1 Like

CZ all the way… i would trust him to find or already know someone competent…
A players know how to spot A players… CZ was reactive, transparent as much as possible and was interested in finding a solution that benefited everyone…

kwon just wants to benefit himself and reestablish status quo at community expenses…

7 Likes

Yes, first thing is remove Do Kwon frome dev team

7 Likes

yes i vote

3 Likes

The go forward proposal would destroy Luna for good. This management should change it before they run away with the money of the fork.

2 Likes

Yes I votes for this. Can we please get rid of the bad decision makers

3 Likes

Yes, WE need New leadership, hé go alone for his New token

2 Likes

The situation calls for stepping back a bit and urgently starting to do CRISIS MANAGEMENT. A crisis manager with a team the community trusts is the only way to go.

We are not in a situation where a bunch of developers push something through against the will of others. This is a real business with a lot of investors and a lot of money, and amateurish attempts have no place here.

1 Like

Surely this is a VOTE OF MO CONFIDENCE.

3 Likes

It won’t happen. They locked down the validators so all new coins get no vote. Part of their plan.

In order to do that, luna should be owned by new lunatics, but as price is falling intentionally, that may not happen. Once tomorrows vote is done then they will let luna recover 10x from here

Need New leader and build again our Luna, no need New luna

1 Like

Do Kwon love communism, wont let that.

leadership should be changed

Agreed!

"Every month, TFL cashed out tens of millions of dollars for salaries and operating expenses. This went into hard money like USD, BTC and SGD. At their peak, TFL’s 70 employees were receiving $180,000,000 monthly.

…All of this money was taken directly out of the LUNA market cap (which was supposed to stabilize UST)…"

(1) FatMan on Twitter: “:thread::point_down: Do Kwon and Terraform Labs defrauded the retail public of hundreds of millions of dollars that they currently still have . It came out of the pockets of LUNA & UST holders and went into their wallets. Here’s why you should be mad, and here’s what you can do about it. :thread::point_down:” / Twitter

2 Likes