Why I am leaving LUNC

Hello everyone. I just want to make a topic here explaining my current thoughts of Terra Classic. Firstly, I believe that Terra Classic is at serious risk. I want to explain why I feel like this and my current thoughts about Terra Classic - not for my personal gain per se - but more to try and alleviate my own disappointment.

Firstly, I am not a super long term Terra Classicer - I entered in probably around June - or at least before the big increase. I probably should have sold then, having doubled my money - but I thought Iā€™d stick with the project and hope that it might go up leaps and bounds more in the future. I staked using Terra Station and learnt so much about everything.

I even learnt about NFTs and minted one or two using Talis - I also messed around with Docker and other stuff (the test network) - I joined Discord and even made a couple Twitter pages and joined in with everyone raving about LUNC. I put quite a lot of time and interest into it. I battled with the idea that some people were selfish and staking more and more - and realised that the crypto itself was treading water - as more people staked and any increase in the cryptoā€™s price was basically being spread out across staking rewards. This was generally fine and I increased my staking also - and tried to find a balance.

I did have a few problems with it all but overall I was still quite happy with LUNC and felt like the community was growing stronger - and we got a few good increases/jumps which rebuilt confidence. However, now we can see that LUNC is really struggling compared to other cryptos. The market cap hasnā€™t gone up a whole lot and honestly looks like it might fall below 1b again. I unstaked all of my LUNC a couple days after the new Station app was released and let me explain why.

I found the new Station app represented to meā€¦ something which was against a lot of the principles of what I was hoping to be a part of. Firstly, Iā€™d like to say that I think already the fees had gone up massively - suddenly it was looking like it was 400 LUNC to withdraw rewards, whereas before it was just costing me like 80 LUNC or something. Maybe Iā€™m wrong about that? But also these fees changing massively destroyed a lot of what I believed about with LUNC.

Also, the new Station simply reeked of ā€˜LUNAā€™. It feels very much like the main leaders of this project are still massively focused on LUNA and not LUNC at all. The fact that basically Station wasnā€™t even directed at LUNC originally just emphasises this point. It wasnā€™t until the last moment that suddenly Station was fully geared up for LUNC. Once again, I might be wrong there as generally piecing together bits of information from wherever.

Secondly, Station itself, I felt, was a massive let down. It was now measuring everything in terms of dollars. Personally I found this sickening. One of the whole reasons for being a part of a crypto project is to get away from this - from any direct attachment to other currency in this manner - let alone one that I never use or handle in my day to day life. This is so AMERICAN it sickens me. Why should I support what I hoped was a global system which then hides away my ā€˜LUNCā€™ and starts working in dollars - which has NOTHING to do with me or my life.

Aside from this - the app itself just felt messy and confusing and it didnā€™t feel at all as clear to me. And at that moment I thought ā€˜eff itā€™, Iā€™m going to unstake and no longer support this crypto.

Further to this, I saw that LUNC was struggling with general ā€˜going upā€™ alongside many other cryptos seeing 25% rises, and also saw that LUNA was disproportionately going up compared to LUNC - in my mind this was emphasising the idea that LUNA was gaining more ā€˜officialā€™ support than LUNC.

I now have a couple of weeks to wait and I will probably sell / trade all and begin to support other currencies. There have also been other things which have damaged my belief in LUNC in general - and as I say I am bit disappointed by it all. Another thing is that I think the Validator system is a bit messy and unreliable. Weā€™re still not entirely sure what happens if a validator disappears? Will I lose anything? Why do we just accept these 130 validators - yet lots of ā€˜goodā€™ validators seem to disappear even within a few months of me using themā€¦ It doesnā€™t feel reliable.

Like I said at the start, Iā€™m honestly not really here for my own agenda and to hurt peopleā€™s feelings. I really do want to let you know how I feel - having been a strong supporter for 5 or so months. And maybe Iā€™m wrong, maybe after I leave Iā€™ll see LUNC skyrocket and become amazing - but we have slipped down to about 50 in the charts nowā€¦ and honestly it looks like a lot of positivity has gone - particularly due to this SHOCKING update with Station. Please try and see it very clearly - and try and understand what I am saying. You have destroyed your own crypto with 2 or 3 very, very poor decisions. In order to save LUNC I believe you must reduce fees back to how they were - and quickly rework Station to bring Terra Classic back to the forefront - and remove anything to do with dollars from the forefront. I really do wish you all the best of luck but ā€œIā€™m outā€ - at least for the time being. If you want to bring Terra Classic back into strength then this must be the focus. I donā€™t know what other focuses you have - but whatever is happeningā€¦ is not correct.

Thank you for reading

1 Like

fuuuuuuud

4 Likes

FUD ATTACK Go away stupid bots

3 Likes

Good bye~