[Proposal] BURN and REMEDY fee with each LUNA transaction šŸ’Š [PART I]

Guys there is a similar proposal out there. @hellothere have you seen it?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s literally hisā€¦

Please vote for similar proposal #1861

link:
station.terra.money/proposal/1861

42M voted.
75% yes with two validators.

4 Likes

I had no idea did not see him post it. must have missed it

thing is if we dont reaach quorum it will be rejected again. So people really have to vote

The validators really have to vote, only way to influence that is to contact them directly or continue as a community to call for this proposal (or something close to it).

Does anyone know where to find reliable supply figures on LUNA1 since this is not working anymore: https://fcd.terra.dev/v1/TotalSupply/luna

1 Like

no shit Sherlock @DanyBoy , tell me something i dont know

You pay tax when you earn money, i dont like it, but you do.
You dont pay tax to buy dollars because that would be redundant, but when a company buys dollars in trade for goods they pay all kinds of tax.

Change the algorithm to ensure UST ā†’ LUNA minting does not happen when market cap of LUNA
is less than marketcap of UST

You canā€™t block UST holders out of their stable just because luna market cap falls below ust

Deploy additional security measures such as rate limiting LUNA minting, additional reserves, etc

The amm module is already rate limited. How about fair access to the inflation during a bank run? Were ust holders , during the bank run, even able to get 1 dollar of luna per ust? Why not? Who was benefiting off the inflation? terraclassic.org

lol thanks , made my day.

Agree that this seems to be the only way to revive / restore LUNA.
Think it is also worth considering a sliding scale exponential fee for txs higher than a certain value as % of UST or LUNA 'scurrent market cap.

For example
If a wallet want to execute a tx or multiple tx that is say 1-2% of the total market cap, the tx needs to be tx fee will be say 20%.
If 5% of market cap then 30% tx fee.

Think his mechanism is needed to protect from 1 actor moving the entire market and should be implemented as a community agreed formula to the tx fee structure.

What about CEX txs?
Possibly limit tx values on all exchanges and changed only as a passed proposal.

2 Likes

The voting poll for the MEXC x LUNA recovery plan has successfully concluded.

After receiving overwhelmingly positive feedback from the community, MEXC is pleased to announce that we are the first centralized exchange that goes above and beyond to initiate the LUNA recovery plan.

Over the past 2 days, we have gathered 12,948 valid votes and gained a 98.49% support rate to burn LUNA to decrease LUNA circulation on the secondary market.

The details of the MEXC x LUNA Buy Back & Burn Plan are as follows:

1. MEXC will utilize the actual trading fee received from the LUNA/USDT (Now renamed to LUNC/USDT) spot trading pair to proceed with secondary market buybacks on a daily basis. This plan will last for 1 month, starting from 2022-05-26 to 2022-06-26.
2. Terra has officially provided a LUNA burn address. MEXC will make arrangements to send LUNA tokens obtained from the secondary buyback of LUNA to the official burn address specified on a daily basis.
3. MEXC will provide transaction ID proof showing the transfers made to the official burn address on a weekly basis.

Note:

1. LUNA Burn Address provided by Terra official: Terra Finder
2. The actual trading fee collected is restricted to LUNA/USDT spot trading only, excluding ETF and Margin Trading. (MX Deduction and trading fee rebate will be excluded from the actual trading fee collected)
3. Please take note that MEXC did not generate the burn address and is not responsible for any fund movements made by the address after the end of the LUNA secondary buyback arrangement.
4. Please refer to the announcement of LUNA ticker renameļ¼šhttps://support.mexc.com/hc/en-001/articles/6907454317849

We appreciate your participation in the LUNA recovery plan.

Thank you for your continuous support.

4 Likes

We have to contact the validators to ask them to support the proposal.

I donā€™t understand the reason for the resistance of the validators.

Lunac with 3.5Tri of circulating supply is obvious that it will be necessary to implement some burn rate.

In times of world inflation it would be great to invest in a deflationary currency.

Terra.Luna would profit from this.

Investors could recover part of the loss.

Everyone would be happy.

DK should help us, but he doesnā€™t help at all. Donā€™t listen agent.

We have to contact the validators. We are in a centralized systemā€¦

3 Likes

Newā€™s May, 26-2022
I rushed a few times in my life and it brought me consequences that forced me to react and continue. Always reevaluating the situation to learn even more. In the course of 48 years I have had to start over 480 times or more. Maybe itā€™s time to put your foot down and start over again.
I wish you luck, lucidity and prudence in making decisions that can improve even more what is already good.
Sometimes more aggressive, sometimes not, but firm!
What matters is achieving balance between lifeā€™s variations, thatā€™s the only constant thing, change, movement and progress!
Letā€™s fight and may UST2.0 and LUNA and GLUNA be the 3 feet we needed. Have courage, letā€™s launch Terra Fiat Foundation. Anchor, help us with this!
Hug
LP
Note: Please release my user on Terra Station Governance. My contribution will continue to be importantā€¦ Iā€™ll manageā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Just relaxā€¦

Binance Will Support the Terra Network Airdrop

Binance 2022-05-26 07:54

Fellow Binancians,

Binance will rename the current Terra network as Terra Classic network and support the Terra network airdrop . LUNA and UST tokens of the Terra Classic network will henceforth be referred to in this announcement as LUNA (old) and UST (old). Further details are shown in the timeline below:

LUNA (old) and UST (old) Trading Suspension:

• LUNA (old) and UST (old) deposits and withdrawals will be suspended on 2022-05-26 at 14:00 (UTC).
  • LUNA/BUSD and UST/BUSD spot trading pairs will be suspended and all pending spot orders will be cancelled on 2022-05-26 at 15:00 (UTC).

LUNA (old) and UST (old) Ticker Change to LUNC and USTC Respectively:

• The ticker for the LUNA (old) token will be renamed as LUNC.
  • The ticker for the UST (old) token will be renamed as USTC.

LUNC and USTC Trading Resumption:

• Trading will open for LUNC/BUSD and USTC/BUSD spot trading pairs on 2022-05-30 at 09:30 (UTC).
  • LUNC and USTC deposits and withdrawals will resume on 2022-05-30 at 09:45 (UTC).

New LUNA Airdrop

• We will distribute the new Terra 2.0 token (LUNA) to all eligible users based on Terra project teamā€™s token distribution plan. The distribution ratio per account will be announced in a separate announcement.

Itā€™s more economically efficient for LUNC-holders to use tx fees to burn $USTC directly.

As you approach mCAP of $0 for USTC, youā€™d be able to establish new on-chain parameters for the USTC stable that only allows mints and burns USTC based on a LUNC collateralisation ratio of 20:1 or so.

FYI, this would take a long time.

1 Like

Why is LUNC tax&burning not supported? We have suffered enough and you have sacrificed LUNC. Leave us alone now, our loss is too great.

Who were these attackers?
Donā€™t the stock markets know who made billions of dollars in a day?
Let them be found and their money and LUNC/UST confiscated and burned.

Are you trying to cover it up?

We dont have any power in gov , most validatorsnt care and follow Do .

3 Likes

Decentralized. Cryprographic. These arenā€™t just snazzy words that look good on twitter, theyre the very explanation of how this is nothing like a stock market, and any 14 year old with a cellphone can snake your dough and make it vanish.

2 Likes