Proposal - Enable IBC for Terra

Proposer: Terraform Labs

UPDATE: The TFL listed proposal is #128, which can be seen here: Terra Station

Context

An eagerly awaited change to follow the update of the Columbus mainnet is the enablement of the Inter-Blockchain Communication (IBC) protocol for interoperability between Terra and other blockchains. By passing this proposal, the permissionless transfer of tokens across chains be will available. With the connection between Terra and the rest of the Cosmos ecosystem, greater economic collaboration will be available among chains and projects.

Below is more specific information with regards to IBC enablement as well as the passed proposal made on Cosmos:

It seems that the majority of the community is for the above proposal, but feel free to write any comments or thoughts below. We will leave this for a bit and then upload the official governance poll in a few days time.

Next Steps

1. Community Discussion (current)
  2. Upload Governance Proposal
  3. Voting Period
25 Likes

What is the construction of the parameter change proposal that needs to be made for this?

4 Likes

ParamChanges here

[
  {
    "subspace": "transfer",
    "key": "SendEnabled",
    "value": true
  },
  {
    "subspace": "transfer"
    "key": "ReceiveEnabled",
    "value": true
  }
]
3 Likes

I think that this:

https://station.terra.money/proposal/127

Works too, yes?

I am not entirely sure that it includes the needed parameter changes, but:

A little bit confused. Is #127 not set up properly? I find it suspicious that something as obviously beneficial as IBC didn’t almost immediately complete the deposit requirement.

Am I right to assume that that proposal was proposed by an overexcited community member, and the actual proposal will come from someone at TFL and has yet to drop?

1 Like

idk

It’s all good tho.

Notional will help to make this happen, regardless of how it happens.

Maybe community member made that proposal, but that is just text proposal.

#128 This one is proper one to change ibc params.

im dumb, this is a no brainer, vote’r in.

yes, I am ashamed now :stuck_out_tongue:

这很不错,投票吧:thinking:

Sorry for spam in this title but really I need some help here, for me this amount is a month’s work
Hi admin, I converted ust from my terra wallet address on
: https://bridge.terra.money/ here is my wallet:
terra1sue8ngy850ey6wy25jkf5kkq4l8j7lv5qg535t to bsc wallet address 0x55865D00E924ba5F4034C50505B66f111817674D , the contract successfully reported TXID: A8FE0724A5DB7FAC64AD6EDEADCE7A0BA91BD63741294043A47A9C5179487524
But now I don’t receive my money in BSC wallet, I really need your help, maybe it is a small amount for you but for me it is a month of my work, very Looking forward to the support and help of the Terra team

Everything moves forward with the official train of thought.

很好,投票即可

I think that fine

Hai :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::grin:

Good idea,very hope !

1 Like

Good idea.