Change The Name Of Terra Luna Classic

I think with the way the coin is evolving it would be wise to change the name and drop “Classic”, especially from a marketing point of view, classic infers it’s old and out of date. It also is a name given to the project when Luna 2.0 was created and follows suit of previous out of date coins like Etherium Classic for example.

Names which I think could add a modern edge and drop the stigma of being a classic out of date coin could be things as simple as Luna One, or carrying on with the latin theme Luna Civitas, the latin word for community cementing the fact it has now become a community project. Or Luna Novus latin for new. Luna Gravitas referring to gravity, weight, importance and seriousness, Luna Ortus meaning birth, beginnings, rising.

I think it would be good to allow the community to submit names and vote, this could help with the evolution of the project and assist with moving away from a meme coin or failed project status.

Will

4 Likes

I love ‘Luna One’.

2 Likes

I suggest adding two polls. The first one to decide whether to change the name at all:

Should we change the Luna Classic name

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t care

0 voters

and the second where you will be able to choose a name (after collecting new name suggestions):

What should the new name be?

• Luna One
  • Luna Civitas
  • Luna Novus
  • Luna Gravitas
  • Luna Ortus
  • Other

0 voters

The 2’nd survey can be supplemented on an ongoing basis with new suggestions.

4 Likes

This is just going to add confusion to the general crypto population.

2 Likes

@awhitehouse ~ if anything it’ll implicitly disconnect us from a hyper-inflationary disastrous past that we must design our core to prevent from happening again.

2 Likes

In my opinion, this is a good direction -One- suggests the place, that belongs to this coin and the target, LUNA ONE = 1$. I will support.

2 Likes

good Idea, but the names suggested don’t sound too attractive
Here are my proposals, sir:

Infinity moon
Kimera
Morphius
Sicklon
Terrarium
Prometeus
Ikarus
Rebirthium
Ananas
Moon Rocket
Stellum
4Shaw experience

5 Likes

Much better set of suggested names.

1 Like

LunaOne still the best and most appropriate.

4 Likes

I’ll treat it as a joke, but … well, it’s democracy.
Can’t edit my poll, so feel free to make Yours.

1 Like

Great set of names, I’m no marketing expert but I also like Luna Prime either way a name change shows the world that we have taken back control of our destiny rather than been forgotten about with a label of classic.

2 Likes

Changing the name will not erase the past

@Vendrugo ~ Of course, but it will implicitly draw attention away from that past and explicitly represent the original chain in a fresh and up-to-date way.

1 Like

There are no significant changes that make the name change have any impact, usher in a new era, or represent anything.

No one is trying to erase the past, it is important we learn from the mistakes of our history not erase them, no one is suggesting changing the name to dupe anyone into not knowing what has happened. The most productive way of moving forward is change and evolution, dwelling on mistakes of the past wont fix the future.

Also I totally disagree that nothing has really changed. We have gone from a coin that hit virtually 0, to a community coin that has proven how strong the will of the people is, we have implemented a burn tax, re enabled IBC, identified some great community talent that is suggesting and implementing further proposals frequently, got the backing of the worlds biggest crypto exchange burning using their own money, re enabled staking, allowed the addition of new stakers, got coin market cap to list the coin properly with on the fly updates, created support websites with support of the likes of lunc penguins, had spin of coins created, we are often the top trending token on SM, got great burn projects adding all the time, have attracted new development to the project and many more things, all within a few months. Many coins could only dream of what has been achieved in the last 3 months. Have we got more challenges ahead sure, will there be bumps in the road of course, will we disagree with each other, you bet we will! I’ve got diamond hands and I am in this project for the long haul. Will this coin get to 1$ I think it will, but only if we change and work together as a community, add more use cases and projects and fine tune the burns.

If someone can point me in the right direction of how to create the poll and if anyone else has any other names they want me to add to the poll I’m only to happy to post, feel free to message me or post in here. Im also willing to put my money on the table as a formal proposal on terra station but felt it best to seek general opinion here first and try to pick up some great name suggestions to see what most people think. If the masses want to keep Terra Luna Classic then so be it, it’s just a thought.

2 Likes

I only see silly proposals that are useless for the growth of the blockchain.

2 Likes

No, no , no

yes, the most important thing for blockchain is to change the name?!
who are you guys?!

2 Likes

People are saying that we need a name change to disconnect with the past yet post suggested names that still have LUNA in the title. How is LUNA One any different from LUNA Classic – they both tie back to the same LUNA roots? If you are going to make a change from the past make a clean break and drop the LUNA completely. And any name that has moon or pop-culture related words in the name just scream meme-coin.

Not suggesting a name change is the most important thing, just a change, small changes here and there add up. I just feel Classic isn’t suitable, I also feel classic was given to the coin to date it and try and make the new coin sound better. It would be Interesting to see how many of the negative comments are from supporters of the new coin? A complete name change could work but I personally don’t think is necessary. I have simply added names which have been suggested, I think it would be wise to steer away from
Meme status names too but as a
democracy was willing to forward all suggestions, if others have any ideas feel free to share.