Co-working and AMA with Bilbo Baggins, Solid Snake, Mangochutney, Chopstick Sensei, and notjoshc

Hey all,

Thanks for taking the time to do this AMA. Do you know what the status is with Gadikian? Apparently Notional Labs is shutting down their node and their Twitter account makes it seem like they won’t be involved with LUNC going forward.

2 Likes

Hello, @Bilbo , @solidsnake , @mangochutney , @chopstick.sensei and @notjoshc.

for this AMA my question is:

Will there be like a weekly / bi-weekly update of progress? I believe there was a lack of that during Q1 for the non-technologically versed and felt left out of the loop and in the dark when it to:

who did what.
how the progress is going in simple non technical format.
what to expect for upgrades.

thank you!

2 Likes

@Mpowski I can take this one. Thanks for the questions.

1. A project manager can certainly have value at the right stage of growth, but right now we are not at the stage or scale where we need a project manager in that capacity, and myself and Solid Snake sharing the responsibilities of the role will suffice for the time being. If the team were to grow in size there would certainly arise a need for the project manager as coordination and communication across teams became more complex. But we’re not there by any stretch yet. We gotta work with what we’ve got in the community pool, get our funding for the chain sustainable, and wear multiple hats in a lean startup model until we get to a point where we can start entertaining growth and specialized roles again. Parity isn’t the finish line. It’s the start line. We still need to figure out our product market fit as a chain within the wider Cosmos after parity is achieved. There’s still so much more to be done if we want to get LUNC back to $1.

2. We’re avid users of chain analysis ourselves, and I was personally frustrated when I went to audit the TGF wallets and I found the majority of the funds moved into Kraken where they couldn’t be audited. While Ed did provide the Kraken exports after the community asked, and that was appreciated, those are still records that we can’t 100% verify in a trustless manner like we can with on-chain transactions, and we can’t write automations to crawl the chain either and raise alerts if funds are moved in a suspicious manner, for example. In short, we prefer on-chain transactions and the funds we receive if the prop were to pass would be moved to each team member’s specified wallet on-chain as already outlined in the prop, and what they do with those funds from there is up to them. That gives the community the ability to audit and verify, instead of having to take us at our word and place trust in us.

3. Speaking personally, I’m not a big fan of Twitter. To speak for the team, I don’t think any of us are really looking to boast about non-achievements on Twitter or anywhere else. That’s not our interest. We’re here to solve long outstanding problems and profit from doing so. If investors are making money, we’re making money. So we’ll generally be more quiet then perhaps the community is used to, and in our opinion that’s a feature, because the community has certainly been through enough already this past year. I’m sure they could do with some peace and quiet and progress as well. Furthermore, we do have a code of conduct included in the prop, and we’ll be adhering to that.

4. If the format in this thread is successful and the community likes it, we’d like to keep it going in an ongoing basis, so the community always has a line of communication to check in and talk with the dev team whenever they feel the need to do so. As for how we plan to reach a wider crypto audience and spreading positive vibes around LUNC - it is our hope that building value and solving the problems that have been plaguing the chain this entire time will achieve both!

7 Likes

@citizen_anon I can take this one since @Bilbo is still in the half hour thread cooldown. Thanks for the question.

The current status with Gadikian as far as we know is that Notional does indeed seem to be shutting down their LUNC validator, and that they are leaving the LUNC community and as such will no longer be consulting with our team on a retainer basis at this time. If he changes his mind our door is always open, just as it is with Vinh and Frag.

Unfortunately as a result of the timing of this event happening while our proposal is currently up for governance it does complicate things since our funding originally accounted for Jacob being retained as a consultant. If the proposal were to pass we’d send the full funds that were originally allocated for Jacob back to the community pool.

9 Likes

Hey @Steven_K, thanks for the question. In this AMA format on Agora is successful and the community enjoys engaging with it, we’d be happy to keep it rolling indefinitely in an asynchronous manner so the community always has a line of communication to the dev team that’s native to the blockchain that they’re already familiar with, and we’d also be happy to do regular updates in Agora on what was accomplished on the Github in an easy to understand manner that’s both user friendly and educational. Thanks again for the question!

7 Likes

@Bilbo
@solidsnake

First of all, thank you for taking the time to do an AMA. Unlike the other team that evades questions and has zero contact with the community, except to gaslight their fans. Regarding the team:

What is the plan of action regarding PR? We know that we can get frustrated with the stupidity and arrogance of some within this community (myself being the first to admit it). How will the team handle communication with the community? Will there be a Community Manager? I read that you will avoid Twitter, which is a good move.

4 Likes

Thanks for the question @Grizzly.

Team members like @Bilbo have been communicating with the community on a daily basis for months now, and the rest of us will be readily accessible via this Agora thread for any ongoing questions the community has, and we’ll also be available in the Terra Allies discord in a dedicated manner, while also having a presence throughout the other Discords the community has in place just like Bilbo has been. While we naturally won’t be able to get to every question that is asked of us in the various community discords due to the sheer volume of messages that those Discords can generate (we need to focus on development as well, after all), we’ll at least make an effort to be in there for the community to have visibility and access to us.

If a member of the community has a burning question that they really want answered however, communicating with us in this thread will be their best bet. It’ll also save those community members the hassle of having to come over to the Github that we’ll make if the proposal gets passed and having to navigate through that interface and Github issues, since we understand that Github can be a very difficult place for non-developers to get used to.

4 Likes

This is by far the most professional looking grift I’ve seen in a very long time. If you play your cards right, this can easily last throughout the rest of 2023, maybe as far as Q2 2024. Being that this chain is mostly occupied by mouth breathing retards who are still adamant about paying a salary to devs that no longer work on the chain, this should be a fairly simple task for you guys to carry out. Unfortunately, the more people involved, the more complicated it becomes. Communication is key. Be sure to keep the rabbi close by as well. You will need at least one Jew on board for legal advice in terms of what you can get away with. Having said that, I vote YES

-Larry “Pull It” Silverstein

2 Likes

Just want to say I appreciate this team providing this level of communication. This is very contrasting with current L1TF which ignored a lot of questions.
Keep up the good work and wish you much success when you become L1 LUNC team!

1 Like

Why don’t they come on a Google Meet or Zoom call with me and I’ll ask them some questions about the L1 development.

I will not share this meeting with anyone and I won’t even record it.

I’ll come back here and confirm that they are real people and they are saying here what THEY know themselves.

After that, why don’t you guys move ahead with the vote?

I think that’s fair if everyone is up for it.

3 Likes

Bikram is that you?

1 Like

I can see who’s having a mental breakdown :sunglasses:

Why don’t you guys come on Google Meet with me?

We’ll see how real everyone is. There is no use trying to flag my posts Rabbi.

P.S. You don’t even know why I was offering to take that position :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: what did you think I would do to you guys after that? I told you before. I work ONLY for the community.

4 Likes

How am I Bikram if this is my real name? Google it. Arunaday Basu. Anyway my Director Identification Number is in the LUNC Community Custodian prop if you read it. It also describes how you can check whether it is valid or not. Check it. And I just told you that the devs can come on a Google Meet with me. So this is exactly how I look as well, with a long moustache though. This is my old photo.

4 Likes

Hello @Bilbo and his team, and thanks for this AMA, I quite like the format, I could see that becoming the norm !

To have questions directly responded to by the team is very appreciated !

1 Like

@Bilbo Can you comment on Frag’s recent proposal to merge the two teams since it involves you and the subject matter at hand? i.e. Would you even consider it or do you think it is not viable at all

Thank you! We’re trying to do things different for the community here, and we’re happy to see positive reception! It’s very encouraging for us.

That’d be wonderful if that was the case! A written record creates a trail that anyone can audit and point back to. Feel free to keep the questions coming and the team will answer in this thread as they are able!

We’ve seen the proposal, and are discussing it amongst our team.

1 Like

You come here saying that you are not here to participate in power struggles yet your proposal has been placed as a clear challenge to the current L1 team proposal - it is nothing but the continuation of the power struggle you officially hate but inofficially create. You did not put up an independent proposal grown on your ideas but simply a power challenge - the timing alone is proof enough.

You come here saying that its all about a reborn phoenix from the ashes and not about money. Have you found anyone anywhere that believes that kind of nonsense? You would not be here if you were not after money and power.

You talk of trust yet you hide yourself from the get go.

What is your relationship to the fake Rabbi and Notional Labs? How many disgruntled former TR and L1 participants are in your illustrious group?

See we would like to know how many of your group is likely to be all about bringing LUNC down for your revenge.

5 Likes

Hello Mr. Bilbo.
Are you Jacob Gadikian?
A straight yes or no is all we need.
And will Jacob be involved with a team? He has expressed his intent to destroy the chain. Can you confirm he will not be involved in any way?
We want to know if we are being used to shuffle money back to LUNA.

4 Likes

Our current L1 team is doing the job fine you guys dribble over. If you want to particpate constructively, work with them rather than challenge them. Oh no we don’t want any power struggles - we just want to overthrow the government and once we have the power please nobody struggle. What a hoot.
Why not do something constructive with your time? Your undermining of LUNC value is blatant for all to see.

1 Like

This proposal is yet another power grab by the same bunch which has tried multiple times before - but this time they are hiding their Rabbi Sock Puppet knowing that we are onto it.

Look Jacob - you left the L1 team. It was your choice. I get it you had different ideas.

Your and your buddies actions ever since are highly destructive for LUNC. Hard to believe that you would wish to work for the good of LUNC. I mean you bunch have been the single most destructive force in this game.

Everyone - please notice how you can identify the L1 team and you cannot identify these cronies.
Clear no with veto for the sake of maybe making a few $$ down the road which we will not if this bunch takes over.

3 Likes