Error Message

I have my private key and currently reinstalled terra station but when I enter the key and password I get this error message “invalid hex string”. How can this glitch be fixed I can’t loose my cash.

1 Like

Check for spaces. If occured then should be deleted. Before PK and after PK

1 Like

there are no spaces in the PK and well this started when delegation was re-enabled. Is there a way to recover seed phrase from address and private key since they are all linked somehow. Thanks

usual way that works is recovering the wallet with seed phrase.
the error means private key is corrupted.

there is no way to recover seed phrase after it was shown to you the first time. terra station warns to back up your seed phrase when you create a wallet.

Why I asked about recovering seed phrase is reading from the page link below it seems possible but I’m not a programmer so not sure of the technicalities
https://docs.terra.money/docs/develop/terra-js/keys.html

The PK is not corrupted I decoded it and my address and wallet name all appear so I don’t think it’s the PK but rather a bug in station wallet

this is just a sample code of how to sign transactions from code with private key. it is impossible to derive seed phrase from private key.

not sure what you decoded there, private key exported from terra station is encrypted with terra station password, did you decrypt your private key and then decoded it? your private key is corrupted if you see “invalid hex string”. only known way to fix it is to recover wallet with seed phrase.

I used base64 decode to check if the PK is correct and it was. If it’s corrupt then it’s terra station that corrupted it. This is becoming a nightmare because the issue of invalid hex string started when I tried to delegate so I thought it was the app that had issues so I uninstalled it and now I can’t load my wallet anymore