Terra Allies Server: Terra Allies
This is a spending proposal to fund the Terra Allies Development Team with the aim of contributing to the L1 development of the Terra Classic blockchain. It’s done in a manner that serves as a force multiplier to the existing L1 Team’s own development efforts and roadmap priorities. This proposal seeks to accelerate the revival of LUNC, and does that by establishing a foundation for multiple teams to contribute to the development of the blockchain. It also prioritizes relatively quick deliverables that will fill gaps in the current L1 team’s schedule, via leveraging 5 independent senior engineers that aren’t burdened by prior or current Q1/Q2 commitments.
With the L1 Task Force’s primary goals this quarter being completion of outstanding incomplete items from Q1 and the release of parity in Q2, it is our opinion that it is in the best interests of the blockchain to give the L1 Task Force the space they need to focus on completion of the roadmap they specified in their passed Proposal 11463; and that the Terra Allies Development Team focus its efforts elsewhere on the L1 layer to help move the needle on other tasks that are very much needed and add value to the blockchain, but fall out of the scope of work required to achieve parity.
An intention we also have for this proposal is to give the community an opportunity to get familiar with our team so they get an idea of what it’s like partnering with our engineers. The community will receive proof of our work in a timely manner that is low risk for both the community and the Terra Allies Development Team. It is our sincere hope that this proposal (and work delivered) instills the community with enough confidence to give our team an opportunity to contribute for everyone’s benefit. The merit of having multiple development teams contributing to the Luna Classic chain simply cannot be overstated.
For this proposal, we would seek to implement the following:
- Implement at a code level the Minimum 5% Commission Fee as specified in the passing of Proposal 11322. This proposal was passed by the community two months ago but to date has not seen a code based solution implemented for it and validators still have commissions that are below 5%. We would seek to resolve that by implementing the needed changes, and testing the code changes across different validator commission configurations on a testnet before pushing out a release.
- Integrate Alliance modules into the codebase with an intended release timing for after the L1 Task Force has released the parity upgrade to the community. Alliance modules can be read about in more detail here: https://alliance.terra.money/ and they give us a means to attract new liquidity onto the chain.
- Integrate automated linting and code scanning processes into the codebase in order to ensure a higher threshold of code quality, consistency, and stability.
The Engineering Team
- Bilbo Baggins - Senior Software Engineer / Architect
- Solid Snake - Senior Engineer / Systems Architect
- NotJoshC - Senior Engineer
- MangoChutney - Senior Engineer
- Chopstick Sensei - Senior Engineer
To minimize risk to both the community and the Terra Allies Development Team, we propose a split payment schedule, paid out in two equal installments. This would allow the Terra Allies Development Team to embark on work in a manner that allows them to put food on the table, while also minimizing risk to the community pool’s funds by ensuring that the full amount proposed isn’t taken out of the pool until the development work has been verified by the community as having been completed.
Proposed Overall Budget:
- Bilbo Baggins - $4,750
- Solid Snake - $4,750
- NotJoshC - $3,500
- MangoChutney - $3,500
- Chopstick Sensei - $3,500
Grand Total: $20,000 (178,571,428.57142857 LUNC - LUNC conversion at 0.000112)
First half paid upon passing of this proposal ($10,000). Second half paid upon delivering all items listed above (2nd spending proposal).
Code of Conduct
Thanks to @Pholuna:
Contractors must conduct themselves in a professional manner! This means whether commenting on personal social media or not, you are the faces of our community! As such, the following will not be tolerated: theft, bribery, gross negligence, f-raud, misrepresenting factual information, harassment of other organizations or individuals, bullying, aggressive or intimidating behaviour, threats of violence, etc. You are to represent the LUNC community to the best of your ability, and to uphold the interests of its investors while treating everyone with respect and dignity!
We invite the community to connect with us and get to know us! We’d like to maintain open channels of communication, with the aim of generating dialogue and building trust. With that purpose in mind, we invite community members, validators, influencers, and anyone else who supports LUNC to come and ask any questions they like, whether about our team or this proposal - we’re more than willing to engage with the community. If any of the aforementioned wish to talk to us they can do so via our AMA thread in Agora (Co-working and AMA with Bilbo Baggins, Solid Snake, Mangochutney, Chopstick Sensei, and notjoshc) or in the Terra Allies Discord (Terra Allies), in addition to leaving specific questions tied to this proposal in its thread here.
By voting YES - you agree with this proposal, and the terms & conditions outlined above.
By voting NO - you disagree with this proposal, and the terms & conditions outlined above.
By voting ABSTAIN - You have no particularly strong thoughts on the proposal either way.
By voting NO WITH VETO - You are vehemently against the entire premise of this proposal.
Signed By: Bilbo Baggins & Solid Snake
Co-Signed By: Mangochutney, Chopstick Sensei, notjoshc
Terra Allies Server: Terra Allies